The Committee meets at least four times yearly and undertakes the following functions:
- Reviewing and Approving the Authority’s statement of Accounts and Statement of Assurance
- Discussing the nature and scope of the forthcoming audit with the external auditor
- Ensuring all auditors have fullest cooperation of staff.
- Considering issues and action plans arising from any audit.
- Reviewing the Annual Governance Statement prior to its approval.
- Reviewing and reporting on corporate governance arrangements.
- Oversight of the risk management process
- Considering reports from internal and external audits and inspections.
- Promoting the value of the audit process.
View the committee papers: